Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Digital Spotlight: World War I Glass Plate Stereoviews
- Protect the Propeller Success!!!
- Thank You to the Wright Brothers Family Foundation!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, July 2, 2018
- Thank you National Aviation Heritage Alliance!
- Digital Spotlight: 322nd Field Artillery World War I Materials
- Around the World Through Reference
- SC&A Closing June 25-29, 2018
- Protect the Propeller In Honor of Father’s Day
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, May 2018
Tag Archives: Civil War
By Andrew Clinard, archives student worker & Public History graduate student This document, issued through the Ohio Adjutant Generals Office in 1864, states that Sylvester Sroufe re-enlisted on January 1st, 1864, in Company D of the 12th Ohio Volunteer Infantry … Continue reading
In honor of Presidents’ Day, we’d like to share with you an account written by Civil War soldier Oscar D. Ladley, from Yellow Springs, about the review of troops by President Abraham Lincoln in early April 1863. Oscar served from … Continue reading
On March 31, 1865, the 61st OVI was consolidated with the 82nd OVI. Robert Patterson transferred to the consolidated unit and was promoted to Captain, Company I of the 82nd OVI. On April 26, 1865, Confederate General Joseph E. Johnston signed the surrender … Continue reading