Tag Archives: Dayton State Hospital

Dayton State Hospital

In 1855, the Southern Ohio Lunatic Asylum opened on 50 acres at the southeast corner of Wayne and Wilmington streets in Dayton, a location then considered to be at the extreme edge of the city. The facility originally had 59 … Continue reading

Posted in DDN and Dayton | Tagged , | 23 Comments