Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birthday Celebration for Milton Wright, November 16
- The War is Over: Armistice Day, November 11, 1918
- Missed It By One Day: Clair W. Welty, An American Soldier in WWI
- SC&A Closed Monday, November 12, for Veterans Day
- New Collection Now on Exhibit: A Photographic Portfolio of Huffman Flying Field by Lloyd A. Greene, Jr.
- The Lufbery Legacy Lives On!
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, Oct. 2018
- October is American Archives Month
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, October 1
- Digital Spotlight: Donald M. Wallace WWI Materials
Tag Archives: First Ohio Volunteer Infantry
Beginning in mid-to-late July, the 1st OVI was ordered to the rear to begin being mustered out due to expiration of term of service (3 years). The regiment was mustered out by company with the first companies mustered out on August 1, … Continue reading
On June 28, 1864, William Patterson reports to his mother that he is now in a Field Hospital near Big Shanty, Georgia, with what he calls “lumbago.” During the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, the IV Corps assaulted the center of … Continue reading