Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, October 1
- Digital Spotlight: Donald M. Wallace WWI Materials
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, September 10
- SC&A Closed Labor Day, September 3, 2018
- Discover Your Story: Behind the Scenes Tours of the Archives
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, August 2018
- Fly Girls author Keith O’Brien in Dayton on August 17!
- Happy Birthday to Orville and Katharine Wright!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, August 6, 2018
- Digital Spotlight: World War I Glass Plate Stereoviews
Tag Archives: First Ohio Volunteer Infantry
Beginning in mid-to-late July, the 1st OVI was ordered to the rear to begin being mustered out due to expiration of term of service (3 years). The regiment was mustered out by company with the first companies mustered out on August 1, … Continue reading
On June 28, 1864, William Patterson reports to his mother that he is now in a Field Hospital near Big Shanty, Georgia, with what he calls “lumbago.” During the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain, the IV Corps assaulted the center of … Continue reading