Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
- New Collection: Jody Sjogren Aviation Art Collection
- New Collection: Eleanor Must Oral History, on growing up in Nazi Germany
- New Collection: Native Plant Society of the Miami Valley Records
- Digital Spotlight: Aircraft Photo Gallery
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, September 2019
- October is American Archives Month!
- Grant Supports Conservation of Wright Brothers Artifacts – See the Results!
- Digital Spotlight: Civil Aviation Medical Association (CAMA) Newsletters
- New Collection: Dayton Chamber Music Society Records
- New Collection: Clothes That Work Collection
Tag Archives: MS-182
The “War to End All Wars,” which lasted over 4 years and cost almost 20 million lives, ended on November 11th, 1918, at 11 A.M. (6 A.M. here in Dayton). Headlines in the November 11 Dayton Daily News read “World’s Greatest War … Continue reading
One hundred years ago this week Naval recruit Palmer Bennett Coombs (1893-1959) was drilling at Ferry Field in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Palmer enlisted in the Michigan State Naval Militia on April 6, 1917, the same day the United States formally declared war on Germany. … Continue reading
We have new manuscript collections available for research! Click on the links to view the complete online (PDF) finding aids. The following new collections were recently arranged and described and are now available for research: Dayton Women’s Health Center Records (MS-479) Dayton … Continue reading