Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birthday Celebration for Milton Wright, November 16
- The War is Over: Armistice Day, November 11, 1918
- Missed It By One Day: Clair W. Welty, An American Soldier in WWI
- SC&A Closed Monday, November 12, for Veterans Day
- New Collection Now on Exhibit: A Photographic Portfolio of Huffman Flying Field by Lloyd A. Greene, Jr.
- The Lufbery Legacy Lives On!
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, Oct. 2018
- October is American Archives Month
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, October 1
- Digital Spotlight: Donald M. Wallace WWI Materials
Tag Archives: MS-284
Diaries offer a wonderful way to glimpse an individual’s thoughts and feelings on a specific day in time. Let us take a walk through history with the words and writing of Miami Valley residents, some at home and one away, … Continue reading
On Thanksgiving Day, November 29, 1917, World War I was raging in Europe. U.S. troops were serving in France or undergoing training here at home in preparation for duty overseas. On Thanksgiving Day, despite the War, soldiers and civilians alike … Continue reading
On the evening of April 2, 1917, one hundred years ago today, President Woodrow Wilson addressed a joint session of Congress to request a declaration of war against Germany. The Senate and House passed the resolution in the following days with Wilson signing … Continue reading