Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birthday Celebration for Milton Wright, November 16
- The War is Over: Armistice Day, November 11, 1918
- Missed It By One Day: Clair W. Welty, An American Soldier in WWI
- SC&A Closed Monday, November 12, for Veterans Day
- New Collection Now on Exhibit: A Photographic Portfolio of Huffman Flying Field by Lloyd A. Greene, Jr.
- The Lufbery Legacy Lives On!
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, Oct. 2018
- October is American Archives Month
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, October 1
- Digital Spotlight: Donald M. Wallace WWI Materials
Tag Archives: Ohio Volunteer Infantry
On June 22, 1864, William Patterson wrote a short note to his mother from a camp near Marisville, Georgia. In the letter, William reports that he has been off duty for 10 days due to a bout of “lumbago” (Note: … Continue reading
On June 9, 1864, Robert Patterson wrote a long, and probably the most interesting letter of the many he wrote during the Civil War, to his mother from a camp near Acworth, Georgia. In the letter, he discusses a number … Continue reading