Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Fly Girls author Keith O’Brien in Dayton on August 17!
- Happy Birthday to Orville and Katharine Wright!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, August 6, 2018
- Digital Spotlight: World War I Glass Plate Stereoviews
- Protect the Propeller Success!!!
- Thank You to the Wright Brothers Family Foundation!
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, July 2, 2018
- Thank you National Aviation Heritage Alliance!
- Digital Spotlight: 322nd Field Artillery World War I Materials
- Around the World Through Reference
Tag Archives: OVI
On June 22, 1864, William Patterson wrote a short note to his mother from a camp near Marisville, Georgia. In the letter, William reports that he has been off duty for 10 days due to a bout of “lumbago” (Note: … Continue reading
On June 7, 1863, William Patterson wrote his mother a letter from Tennessee. In the letter he reports some good news. On May 29, he received his commisson as a Captain and will likely be reassigned to Company H. However, he will not mustered into … Continue reading