Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 50 Years Ago: Remembering the Kent State Shootings
- Learn How to Start a Family Oral History Project & Celebrate Preservation Week
- The Pandemic Through Photos
- Sharing Your Pandemic Story
- Celebrating The Boonshoft School of Medicine’s 1st Graduates
- Bingo! Explore our Online Resources & have fun too!
- Women’s History Coloring Sheets
- Free Webinar on Creating Family Archives by Margot Note
- So, you’ve decided to keep a Coronavirus diary- now what?
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis: Document Your Story
Tag Archives: Patterson brothers
On March 31, 1865, the 61st OVI was consolidated with the 82nd OVI. Robert Patterson transferred to the consolidated unit and was promoted to Captain, Company I of the 82nd OVI. On April 26, 1865, Confederate General Joseph E. Johnston signed the surrender … Continue reading
After General Sherman captured Savannah, General Grant initially ordered him to embark his army on ships and join Grant’s army at Richmond, Virginia. However, Sherman disagreed, and with the capture of Fort Fisher near Wilmington, North Carolina, on January 15, convinced General Grant … Continue reading