Search this Blog
Wright State University Libraries' Special Collections and Archives welcomes you to our blog. Join us as we share information, news, and special events; highlight our collections; and discuss archival issues. For more information:
* Visit our website
* Email us
* Visit us on the fourth floor of Dunbar Library
Subscribe to Blog via EmailReceive an email notification when a new post is available.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, Oct. 2018
- October is American Archives Month
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, October 1
- Digital Spotlight: Donald M. Wallace WWI Materials
- Huffman Prairie Aviation Historical Society Meeting, September 10
- SC&A Closed Labor Day, September 3, 2018
- Discover Your Story: Behind the Scenes Tours of the Archives
- New and Updated Collections Available for Research, August 2018
- Fly Girls author Keith O’Brien in Dayton on August 17!
- Happy Birthday to Orville and Katharine Wright!
Tag Archives: Thanksgiving
On Thanksgiving Day, November 29, 1917, World War I was raging in Europe. U.S. troops were serving in France or undergoing training here at home in preparation for duty overseas. On Thanksgiving Day, despite the War, soldiers and civilians alike … Continue reading
Special Collections & Archives will be closed Wednesday, November 22-Sunday, November 26, for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will be open Monday, November 20, and Tuesday, November 21, from 8:30am-5pm and then back again for normal hours on Monday, November 27, … Continue reading
On Thursday, November 28, 1918, Americans celebrated Thanksgiving, and there was much to be thankful for indeed. Men and women in many other nations were probably feeling quite thankful around that time as well! The armistice, signed two weeks earlier on November 11, … Continue reading