Library Elf Alerts
WSU Libraries' has subscribed to the Elf notification system--making it FREE to you!--to help you organize your Library account. Sign up today for Elf to receive courtesy notices sent by e-mail or text message. Elf will notify you when your requested item is ready for pick-up, is nearing its due date, or is overdue.
- Stay in charge of your borrowing record by selecting up to 7 days of advance notice for due dates to keep those fines at bay.
- Know immediately when a requested item is available so you can stop by the library on your way to or from campus.
The Elf system is separate from the WSU Libraries' existing e-mail notification. Elf provides text messages and RSS alerts for instant notification on the status of your borrowed materials and requests.
How To Sign Up for Library Elf
- Go to Library Elf
- Click the link to Sign Up
- Enter your information and select the Create Elf Account button
- Select OH-Wright State University Libraries as your library and enter your UID in the Card Number box.
- Select the Continue button to set your account options.
- Select when you would like to be reminded of items due, select how often you'd like to be reminded, and select your notification method.
- To receive Text Message alerts for holds and items due, enter your cellular phone number and your carrier. Your carrier's usual text messaging fees apply.
- Follow the instructions to verify and finalize your account.
- To make changes to your account, visit Library Elf and click the link to Sign In.