Hello and welcome from the Friends of the Libraries! My name is Natalie DeHorn and I am the current President of the Friends. We support the mission of the Wright State University Libraries to provide quality research services, materials and library spaces for students, faculty, staff, and the Miami Valley community. You can best support the efforts of the Wright State University Libraries by joining the Friends or making a donation to one of several funds. Let me share with you some of the activities and projects in which we are involved with and we support:
- On select Tuesday evenings, the Friends of the Libraries in collaboration with the WSU Retirees’ Association and the WSU Alumni Association host a book club at 5:30 p.m. in the Dunbar Library, Room 441. Dates, times, and titles to be determined. Selected titles will be available to borrow from the University Libraries. Please watch our website for details.
- In April we host our annual meeting and luncheon and we invite you to join us.
- Our Spring and Fall newsletters update our members on Friends activities and new events and happenings from the University Libraries. If you would like to receive the newsletter, please contact us.
- Twice per year we award $500 scholarships to library student assistants. Scholarship funds are donated by library staff and matched by the Friends of the Libraries. To date, over $190,000 has been distributed to deserving students.
- In April of each year we partner with the Parent’s Association to honor the “Top Scholars” selected by the Dean’s Office in each college and the Lake Campus.
- We support the library staff with grants for research projects, new equipment and technology, and other special projects.
- In May, we celebrate the accomplishments of the library staff at our annual staff recognition ceremony.
We hope these will interest you, and you might enjoy the fun by joining us as a member.