Hello and welcome from the Friends of the Libraries! My name is Catherine Queener and I am the current President of the Friends. I'm a proud Raider for life, as a graduate of Wright State University and Wright State staffer for 28 years. It's a joy to participate in this group! I invite you to join us in enhancing the resources the next generation of Raiders relies upon. The Friends of the Libraries supports the mission of the Wright State University Libraries to provide quality research services, materials and library spaces for students, faculty, staff, and the Miami Valley community. You can best support the efforts of the Wright State University Libraries by joining the Friends or making a donation to one of several funds. Let me share with you some of the activities and projects in which we are involved with and we support:
- On select Tuesday evenings, the Friends of the Libraries in collaboration with the WSU Retirees’ Association and the WSU Alumni Association host a book club at 5:30 p.m. via WebEx. Dates, times, and titles to be determined. Selected titles will be available to borrow from the University Libraries. Please watch our website for details.
- In April we host our annual meeting and luncheon and we invite you to join us.
- Our Spring and Fall newsletters update our members on Friends activities and new events and happenings from the University Libraries. If you would like to receive the newsletter, please contact us.
- Our Legacy Book Program is a way to honor the interests of family and friends in recognition of an event or accomplishment, or to honor a loved one’s memory while helping the Libraries. For your convenience, the Legacy Book Program Form can be filled out, printed and mailed to the libraries.
- Twice per year we award $500 scholarships to library student assistants. Library Student Assistant Awards are funded by contributions to the Campus Scholarship Innovation Campaign from the University Libraries’ staff and other donors, and interest earned from the Friends of the Libraries endowment fund. To date, over $198,000 has been distributed to deserving students.
- In April of each year the Friends of the Libraries honor the "Top Scholars" selected by the Dean's Office in each college and the Lake Campus.
- We support the library staff with grants for research projects, new equipment and technology, and other special projects.
- In May, we celebrate the accomplishments of the library staff at our annual staff recognition ceremony.
We hope these will interest you, and you might enjoy the fun by joining us as a member.