Includes links to directories of journals by reader and emphasis (including open access journals), sources to help with journal acronyms and abbreviations, and sources that relate to identifying questionable or predatory journals.
- Directories of publishing opportunities in accounting, economics and finance, management, and marketing, education, computer science/MIS, health administration, nursing, and psychology/psychiatry. Each entry includes submission guidelines, circulation data, review type, and contact information. Other available data include journal acceptance rate, time to publication, percentage of invited articles, and frequency of issue.
- Indicates indexing and full text coverage in the Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature.
- View selection and inclusion criteria for DOAJ
- “Have you recently written a paper, but you're not sure to which journal you should submit it? Or maybe you want to find relevant articles to cite in your paper? Or are you an editor, and do you need to find reviewers for a particular paper? Jane can help!”
Limited to biomedical subjects. The Biosemantics Group is funded by the Netherlands Bioinformatics Center.
Journal Titles Indexed in Clarivate Analytics Databases (formerly known as the ISI and Thomson Scientific Databases, respectively).
- Databases include Science Citation Index – Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index, and several others.
- Bibliographic information for all journals ever indexed over time for MEDLINE ®. It includes titles that ceased publication, changed titles, or were deselected. To use the list, you must accept the terms and conditions . Note: Static list is available annually in XML format only. Search the NLM catalog to generate journal lists.
- Modern Language Association. Lists over 4400 periodicals in the areas of literature, language, linguistics, and folklore. The directory provides addresses, advertising rates, and information about submissions for publication.
- [login with with campus account]
- Source of bibliographic and publisher information on more than 300,000 periodicals of all types — academic and scholarly journals, open access publications, peer-reviewed titles, popular magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and more from around the world. Search by keyword or subject to get a list of potential publishing venues.
Journal Abbreviations & Acronyms
- A registry of Web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations.
- Search journals by topic, journal title or abbreviation, ISSN, or browse by subject terms.
Selected Open Access Information & Resources
- "Our mission is to represent the interests of Open Access (OA) journal and book publishers globally in all scientific, technical and scholarly disciplines. This mission will be carried out through exchanging information, setting standards, advancing models, advocacy, education, and the promotion of innovation."
“The Open Access Directory (OAD) is a compendium of simple factual lists about open access (OA) to science and scholarship, maintained by the OA community at large. By bringing many OA-related lists together in one place, OAD makes it easier for everyone to discover them, use them for reference, and update them. The easier they are to maintain and discover, the more effectively they can spread useful, accurate information about OA.”
- Publisher of peer-reviewed open access journals
- A nonprofit organization of scientists and physicians committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature a freely available public resource.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- Guidelines to help you evaluate open access publications.
- This special issue of the journal Science includes John Bohannon's article about lack of peer review at predatory journals--"Who's Afraid of Peer Review?"