Resources for determining how often and by whom your publications have been cited and where your publications rank according to a number of journal metrics and other methods of analysis.
What is Citation Research and What Databases Do I Need to Research Citations?
These pages are good overviews of the topics but the subscription database links in these pages will not work for Wright State users. To access these databases for citation research at Wright State, use the Wright State-specific links located under the heading Links to Citation Research Tools for Wright State Researchers.
- Citation Research (A Guide from Arizona State University) – A good overview of the various kinds of tools and rankings involved in citation research. Journal Rankings page links to a number of free rankings sources for various disciplines.
- Measuring Your Impact: Impact Factor, Citation Analysis, and other Metrics (University of Illinois, Chicago) - Overview of h-index, Eigenfactor, Impact Factor (IF), Journal Citation Reports, Citation Analysis, and other tools.
Who's Citing Me? - A guide from the Bowling Green State University Libraries.
Links to Citation Research Tools for Wright State Researchers
Remember, different databases often display different citation counts and citing works, so it is not wise to rely on a single source or metric.
Has my work been cited?
- Web of Science (WSU login required) Includes Science Citation Index-Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities Citation Index, as well as conference proceedings for the Sciences, Social Sciences, and Humanities. Cited Reference Searching possible [help, step 1 and help, step 2]. Citation Reports feature available. [tutorial]. Funding agencies search also available.
- Google Scholar (free, but WSU login through this link will allow access to WSU subscriptions)
- Search other databases by discipline – Citation tracking options and citation counts vary by database, but additional research may be possible in certain databases
Ask for Help
- Contact your WSU subject librarian for help with your citation research.