Special Collections & Archives collects, preserves, and makes available the history of aviation, the local and regional history of the Miami Valley, and the history of Wright State University.
Researchers and visitors are invited to visit the reading room on the 4th floor of Dunbar Library during regular hours. Appointments are not necessary to conduct research or view the exhibits, but if you have questions about a research project, donation of material, outreach program, or tour, please contact the Special Collections staff.
Before Your Visit
Search the Special Collection & Archives catalog
or collection guides
to locate materials of interest. Please note some collections, including the Dayton Daily News Archive (MS-458), are stored off-site, so it is recommended you call or email before your expected arrival.
When You Arrive
Because our holdings contain rare and valuable materials, the following guidelines must be followed to access the collections:
- Please register at the front desk upon arrival.
- Review the Rules and Regulations and complete an Application for Research.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the reading room.
- Please use pencils only, as pens, markers, and highlighters might damage materials.
- Lockers are available for your personal belongings. Purses, briefcases, backpacks, laptop cases, and other large materials are not permitted in the reading room.
- Digital and cell phone cameras are permitted. Please read our Camera Use Policy.
Special Collections & Archives
Wright State University Libraries
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
Phone: (937) 775-2092
Wednesday nights during the semester until 9pm.
For holidays and closings visit the calendar.