Are you looking for a great summer read? Join our Book Club for a summer reading discussion at Eudora Brewing Company on June 16th at 5:30 pm. We’ll have a casual conversation about books we’re reading and share recommendations with each other.
If you can’t make it to our in-person discussion, we have ideas for your summer reading! Our staff have suggested a few titles they recommend. We’ve linked them to our catalog or the SearchOhio catalog to make it easy for you to request them.
We’ve also included the list of titles from the past three years of titles from our Book Club. We hope you will join us for the 2022-2023 book discussions beginning in September 2022. The Book Club is sponsored by Friends of the Libraries, the WSU Alumni Association, and the WSU Retirees Association.
Enjoy your summer and happy reading!
Black Cake by Charmain Wilkerson – recommended by Lisa Bleeke, Business Manager
How to be Perfect: The Correct Answer to Every Moral Question by Michael Schur – recommended by Jane Wildermuth, Head of Special Collections and Archives
Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir – recommended by Ran Raider, Government and History Librarian
Deer Season by Erin Flanagan – recommended by Mandy Shannon, Associate University Librarian
2021-2022 Book Club Titles
- The Dutch House – Ann Patchett
- The Splendid and the Vile – Erik Larson
- The Last Story of Mina Lee – Nancy Jooyoun Kim
- The Sport of the Gods – Paul Laurence Dunbar
- We Germans – Alexander Starritt
2020-2021 Book Club Titles
- The Widows – Jess Montgomery
- The Hollows -Jess Montgomery
- The End of October – Lawrence Wright
- A Burning: A Novel – Megha Majumdar
- The Water Dancer – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The World That We Knew: A Novel – Alice Hoffman
2019-2020 Book Club Titles