All current Wright State students, faculty and staff are invited to participate in the University Libraries event:
DeStress for Success
December 2nd – 12th, 2019
Please see join us for any or all of the following events/activities. Times are “on your own” whenever the library is open, unless otherwise noted (see Fuzz Therapy, Study Support, and Mindfulness Yoga).
FitDesk Relay (prizes donated by Wright State Barnes and Noble Bookstore)
12/2 – 12/7
Cycle while you study and enter to win a prize! How to:
- Post a pic of your time/distance on one of the Library’s FitDesks (2nd floor near the STAC).
- Tag @DunbarLibrary and use the hashtag #FitDeskRelay on Twitter or Instagram for a chance to win a prize donated by the Wright State University Barnes and Noble Bookstore. Winners will be randomly selected.
- Let’s find out which Wright State college has the most “active” learners. Represent for your college by mentioning it with your entry pic (e.g. College of Liberal Arts, or @wsucola).
Winners will be selected on December 9th. Follow the library on social media to make sure you’re notified.
12/2 – 12/12 – Be mindful as you meditate. We recommend the high-back chairs located on the 2nd & 3rd floor. Look for QR code signs with links to meditation playlist. Bring your own eyemask and neck pillow!
12/4 – 12/6 & 12/9 – Stop by the Circulation Desk and grab a snack, sponsored by the Friends of the Libraries. Please take one.
Monday, 12/2 – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Thanks to the Writing Center and Tutoring Center, study coaches and a tutor specializing in education, history and philosophy, will be available at the tutoring tables on the 2nd floor of Dunbar Library.
Connect the Dots & Coloring
12/2 – 12/12 – Take a break and color or connect-the-dots. Sheets will be available at a table near the plants in the 2nd floor Atrium.
Monday 12/2 and Wednesday 12/4 – 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Brought to you by Wright State Campus Rec, join us for mindfulness yoga in the 2nd floor media room outside of the STAC.
Friday, 12/6 – 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Service dogs in-training from 4 Paws for Ability WSU will visit the Dunbar Library Atrium to help students destress while the pups socialize – a win-win!
12/2 – 12/12 – Allergies or aversion to live animals? Never fear, borrow a stuffed animal to cuddle. Stop by the 2nd floor Atrium to give them a squeeze. Please put them back where you found them when you’re done.
Take a break and create. We’ll provide demonstrations at 12 and 2 p.m. on the designated days. Otherwise, create on your own anytime the library is open. Find supplies at a table in our 2nd floor Atrium near the plants.
- Button Making – Mon 12/2 & Fri 12/6
- Zen Gardens – Tue 12/3
- Jewelry Making – Wed 12/4 & Tue 12/10
- PlayDough – Thur 12/5 & Wed 12/11
- Vision Board/Collage Making – Mon 12/9 & Thur 12/12
We hope you can join us and de-stress for finals. Thank you to the Friends of the Libraries, the Wright State University Barnes and Noble Bookstore, and Wright State Campus Rec for your support. We wish all our students good luck with your final exams! Don’t forget to Ask a Librarian if you need research help.